We know that college can be both exciting and difficult. Please know that the Counseling Center is here for you for academic, personal, and career counseling. We offer workshops on a variety of topics that may be of interest to you including QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer), a suicide prevention training program. QPR training is designed to reduce suicidal behaviors and save lives by providing innovative, practical and proven suicide prevention training to faculty, staff, and students. Please consider attending one of our QPR trainings scheduled in the next few weeks:
- Thursday April 4 from 11 am to 12 pm in the Counseling Center, R-227
- Wednesday April 10 from 10 am to 11 am in the Counseling Center, R-227
- Monday April 15 from 3 pm to 4 pm in the Counseling Center, R-227
Please feel free to contact us at the Counseling Center at 352-395-5508. We are available on a walk- in basis as well as by appointment.
Location: R-227 at the NW campus
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am to 3:30 pm
Other sources of support in our Gainesville community include:
- The Alachua County Crisis Center-352-264-6789
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline- 1-800-273-TALK
We look forward to hearing from you.