Gainesville Regional Utilities (GRU) is offering four “Brighter Tomorrow” scholarships for current and prospective Santa Fe College students who who want to pursue engineering degrees at the University of Florida.
The scholarships are valued at $1000 per year for up to four years. The deadline to apply is Friday, July 19, 2019. The first disbursement of funds will be in Fall 2019.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply. Students must:
- Have graduated from an Alachua County public high school.
- Be planning to enroll at or are already enrolled at Santa Fe College.
- Be planning to enroll at the University of Florida after graduating from SF.
- Be a member of an underrepresented demographic.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Have selected Engineering or an Engineering related-field as a program of study.
A Santa Fe College ID number is required to apply for this scholarship. Students who do not have the required id number may get one by completing the free Santa Fe College admission application at https://ss2.sfcollege.edu/sr/AdmissionApplication/#/
Applicants must complete two essay questions at the end of the application. The questions are:
- Discuss your engineering career goals and explain the impact that you plan to make as an engineer. (No more than 500 words.)
- Describe your financial need and explain how this scholarship will help you achieve your academic goals. (No more than 500 words.)
It is suggested that applicants complete the essays before beginning the application and then copy and paste the typed essays into the application.
Applications must be submitted by 4:30pm on Friday, July 19, 2019. Only completed applications will be considered. For questions you may contact SF Vice President for Student Affairs, Dr. Naima Brown at 352-395-5648 or firstname.lastname@example.org