Seeking a motivated intern who has a desire to assist with planning a large public event. The 6th annual Great Invader Raider Rally (GIRR) will be held on Saturday January 18th 2020. Over 600 volunteers will gather at pre-designated spots around Gainesville to pull invasive plants for 2 hours. At the conclusion of the volunteering, participants will head to Morningside Nature Center for a celebration with music, food, prizes, and family fun.
Intern will work in conjunction with City Staff on the following responsibilities:
- Use designated task lists to guide various event responsibilities
- Assist with social media outreach
- Maintain timely and accurate records
Desired skills, abilities, and qualities include:
- Ability to herd cats (aka coordinate with City staff on varying responsibilities)
- Ability to crack whip (aka prod City staff to undertake responsibilities)
- Maintain records accurately and completely
- Skill in event planning and coordination
- Ability to work independently
- Likes working with people of varying ages, skills, and abilities
- Some experience and skill with social media platforms and Microsoft Office Programs
- Willingness to work some weekends especially January 18th 2020!
Ideal candidate will work now through January, 2020. Hours are flexible. Please contact Linda Demetropoulos, Nature Manager, at Demetropls@cityofgainesville.org or call 352-393-8445.