SF President Paul Broadie II announced the establishment of a COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant designed to help students who find themselves financially impacted. This grant, funded by the CARES Act, will be awarded to help students having a temporary financial crisis resulting from COVID-19 so that they may remain enrolled at SF, continue their education and work toward graduation.
Students interested in applying should visit sfcollege.edu/COVID19AID to complete the application. The grant can be used to help students with food, housing, course materials, technology, health care and childcare.
To be eligible, the grant applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a currently enrolled student at SF (Spring 2020 semester)
- Complete the online COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant application
- Upload supportive and verifiable documentation of negative financial impact of COVID-19 (e.g. notification of reduction of work hours, layoff or furlough)
- Be available and respond to the SF Ombudsperson Dr. Bea Awoniyi when she reaches out
- Have not previously received a COVID-19 Emergency Aid Grant.
All grant applications will be reviewed by the college’s COVID-19 Emergency Aid Review Committee. They will evaluate the documentation and consider comments from the Ombudsperson. Students will be notified on the status of their application via their SF email address.
Students receiving grant money will have the funds disbursed to their Bank Mobile student account.
We look forward to receiving your applications and being able to help our students continue to persevere during these challenging times to achieve their educational goals.