Allyship – a lifelong process of building relationships based on trust, consistency, and accountability with marginalized individuals and/or groups of people. (option to include def.)
- The Genderbread Person
- LGBT Glossary
- How to Be an Ally
- Find politicians that are allies, send them a thank you note
Stay Strong, Body and Mind
June 12, 2020 at 7 p.m. – Pulse Nightclub virtual remembrance ceremony
Week 2 Trivia:
- Who designed the Pride flag?
- What do the colors on the current Pride Flag stand for?
- What was the first country to legalize same-sex marriage?
- When was the first gay and lesbian march in Washington?
- What color ribbon was adopted as a symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness?
Week 1 Trivia Answers:
- What does Pride month commemorate? The Stonewall Riots
- What year did the American Psychology Association remove homosexuality from its list of mental disorders? 1973
- What do the letters in LGBTQIA+ stand for? Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual, Plus
- When was same-sex marriage legalized in the U.S.? June 26, 2015
- What was the first state to outlaw discrimination based on sexual orientation? Wisconsin