Earth Day was founded in 1970 as a day to educate and highlight environmental issues. The holiday is now a global celebration that’s sometimes extended into Earth Week, a full seven days of events focused on green living. Let’s kick off the week by checking out the Official Earth Day site, and tell us one thing that you will do this week and beyond to care for our home.
Check out some of our Earth Day resources:
- Earth Day Around the World
- Community Partners Protecting Our Planet
- The Santa Fe Zoo
- Carbon Footprint Calculator
- Climate Activists
Check out our Instagram throughout the week for a chance to answer these questions and win a prize!
- You are looking out the main window of your house. Which direction are you facing
- List 3 or more trees that are native to your area?
- List any animal that once lived in your area that are now gone.
- Where does your home drinking water come from?
- List 3 birds you might see on any given day