A United Nations day celebrating the role that friendship plays in promoting peace in many cultures.
International Day of Friendship
- It was proclaimed in 2011 by the United Nations
- The idea was that friendship between peoples, countries and cultures can inspire peace and build bridges between communities
- The resolution emphasizes on involving young people, as future leader, in community activities that include different cultures
- This day promotes international understanding and respect for diversity
The United Nations Encourages:
- Dialogue Among Civilizations